Work on Trump White House ballroom can continue, Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts rules
1 min read

Work on Trump White House ballroom can continue, Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts rules

WASHINGTON — The dance goes on for President Trump’s White House ballroom.

Work on the massive structure can continue for now, Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts ruled Friday, hours before a court order to stop construction would have taken effect.

Read more Chilling messages reveal surprisingly simple way bumbling would-be NY Capitol bomber Jessica Bowie joined ISIS

The reprieve allows the $400 million building job to continue as the high court mulls the administration’s emergency plea for intervention.

Trump last week asked the Supreme Court to suspend a decision by the DC Circuit Court of Appeals that would have halted the project at 11:59 p.m. ET Friday.

Roberts’ ruling doesn’t address the legality of the project, which two lower courts have said is unlawful due to a lack of congressional approval.

Read more Chilling messages reveal surprisingly simple way bumbling would-be NY Capitol bomber joined ISIS

Solicitor General D. John Sauer, arguing for the administration, told the Supreme Court in his plea for relief that the renovations are “absolutely required and should not be enjoined” because any delay threatens President Trump’s safety after recent assassination plots against him.

He also pointed out the ballroom is already “65% complete” and “moving quickly toward total completion,” which would render the court fight moot.

Read more Missing NYC grandma Alisa Goods found dead near Las Vegas airport almost 2 weeks after vanishing on trip: report

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *